This recipe feels like “comfort food” and is packed with lots of calories and protein. Be sure to cook the chicken until it becomes very tender. This recipe can be pureed for easy chewing if needed.
- 4 – 4 ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 stalk celery diced
- ½ small onion diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 slices white bread, “torn” into
½ inch pieces
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 4 ounce cranberry sauce
- Saute the chicken breast pieces with 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- Turn chicken breast pieces over, and then add the diced onion and celery.
- Add ½ cup chicken broth and allow the onion, celery, and chicken to simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from pan, toss bread pieces into mixture, cook for 1 minute over low heat, and pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon butter in pan over low heat. Add flour and stir for 1 minute, then add remaining ½ cup chicken broth, ½ cup milk and reserve.
- Puree the chicken breast for 30 seconds, and then add softened bread mixture.
- Add more milk if needed 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Serve the chicken and dressing mixture with mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce.
Yield: 4 servings approximately 400 calories and 32 grams protein per