Chicken is a great protein choice and often very well tolerated. Adding in the corn and black bean salsa provides extra vegetables and protein punch with the Mexican flare we all love.
- ½ cup corn
- ½ can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced if desired
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 ounces each), pounded to ½-inch thickness
- Combine corn, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice and ¼ teaspoon salt in medium bowl.
- Combine 1 teaspoon black pepper, chili powder and ¼ teaspoon salt in small bowl; sprinkle over chicken.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the center.
- Serve each chicken breast with ¼ cup salsa.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 230, Fat: 7 g, Carbohydrate: 16 g, Protein: 30 g